According to the manuscript written by Ziver Pasa on the entrance door, it was constructed in 1270 (1854) by Sultan Abdulmecid. The mosque of which architect is Nikogos Balyan consists of sanctuary and sultan’s pavilion before the entrance just like XIXth century’s Selattin Mosques do.
The mosque reflects the characteristics of the period (1839-1861) when West impacts of which indicators had been felt at the second quarter of the 18th century for the first time intensified and the architecture traditions went through important changes in late period Ottoman architecture. The taste fed by the baroque, imperial and neo-Renaissance styles of Abdulmecid period prevailed on the stone adornment in the external decorations of the square planned mosque. Internal decoration program is consisted of golden laminated plaster relief, stucco plaster and baroque hand-drawn works.
Whole of the construction was handled in the restoration works started in 2011 of the mosque which went through various repairs until today. Conservation works were realized on the ruined stone surfaces in compliance with the international rules. Lead coating and ruined architectural elements were renewed in the original method. Reinforced concrete flooring was diligently removed and replaced with timber flooring. Ruined hand-drawn works, plaster works and golden lamination works were taken under protection and restored and the ruined parts of the original stucco plasters were remade with the original method. Mezzanine in the last community location was removed and the original plan scheme was brought to the forefront. Environmental planning was realized and the construction was opened to the worship following the restoration works.