Davutpaşa Madrasa is located within Davutpaşa Social Complex contructed by Koca (Dervish) Davut Paşa, one of the viziers of Sultan II. Bayezid in 1485. It has been known that the training part of the madrasa and two parts of it were damaged in 1948 Earthquake that it would need restoration. However, the first recorded repair of the construction was before Tahir, Hassa Chief Architecture between 1766-1767 following the damage it was caused in 1718 Unkapani Fire and 1766 Earthquake. The madrasa going through various repairs since the mid of 19th century has reached to today’s world.
Among the madrasa types, Davutpaşa Madrasa is considered as the open yard type with wall closed fronts. U planned and symmetrical entrance door of the madrasa sees the West and there are porticos and domes and covered niches behind the porticos in the south, north and east. The madrasa has 16 rooms other than the training room within itself. Columns and column headers which can stand are marble. Some of the column headers belong to Byzantium period while others belong to Ottoman period.
Restoration works in Davutpaşa Madrasa was launched upon the removal of the surrounding reinforced concrete parts which were not the original parts of the construction. Improvement and repair works were realized on the stone walls which became visible as a result of this removal and rasp works. Walls where constructional cracks were placed and the domes repaired with cement based mortar are repaired with original material and construction method by realizing the partial removals. After the improvement and repair manufactures are completed, the mortar manufactures, roof coverage and furnishing manufactures are planned to be realized. Following the completion of the restoration of the construction, surrounding adjustment will be realized and the construction will be functioned as a culture center.