The construction cluster constructed on the name of Libyan Sheik Zafir of Sazeliyye Dervish Order consists of guest house, mausoleum and library. The mosque is named after Ertuğrul Regiment for whom it was allocated for the worship activity. The construction date of the main building consisting of the mosque-amalgamation place, hunkar place and selamlik by II. Abdulhamit is 1887.
The construction has a residential area for 571 m2 within a courtyard for 1417 mt2. It is a two-storey masonry construction of which foundation is located on the rubble stone and has a saddle roof of which top is covered with brick. It gained a plastic appearance by being adorned with facade covered with wooden outside, wooden profiles on horizontal and vertical axes, sills and mutules. The mosque which hadn’t had a minaret when it had been first constructed has been detected to be added with a minaret before 1905. Mausoleum, bookcase and fountain structures added to the mosque in 1905-1906 were constructed by Architect Raimondo d’Aronco. The mosque went through a comprehensive repair by Administration of Foundations between 1969-1973.
The constructed was suspended because of the density of the defects on the carrier system of the construction and the parts which had lost their characteristics were replaced and the parts which were in a good position were strengthened within the scope of the restoration. Roof fortification was performed and non-qualified parts in wood facade covers, roof cover, wood door and windows were removed and the damaged parts were replaced with the authentic materials. Deficiencies of the original hand-drawn works were completed and protective measurements were taken. Deflection was performed and cleaning and repair on the geometric ceiling adorned with ruined hand-drawn works were realized and appropriate completion was realized on the original parts. Environmental planning was realized and the restoration was completed.